Our Direct Payment Support Service is on hand to give you guidance and advice to manage your direct payments, personal budget, enabling you to gain confidence in managing your care and support. It is important that you remain in control but knowing we are here to give guidance as and when you require it.
Our Direct Payment Support staff work with you to enable you to make decisions and choices to meet your care and support needs.
All our staff have experience of direct payments and working with our direct payments customers; this includes:
- Supporting customers to manage their direct payments or budget
- Working with customers to choose an agency and / or recruit personal assistants
- Supporting customers to directly recruit personal assistants, this includes guidance with placing adverts, writing interview questions and interviewing.
- Training customers on employment issues such as writing contracts, undertaking one to ones with staff, risk assessments etc.
- Helping customers think about a contingency plan (ie what to do if their personal assistant becomes unwell and cover is required).
- Supporting customers to think about their direct payments or personal budget and how they will spend it (support planning).
Find out more:
- Contact us via telephone on 0208 915 2395
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our service is open between 9 to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.