Encompass delivers a wide range of services including homelessness support and adult social care.
For this job role, you will focus on undertaking service user requested reviews for decisions made in relation to longer-term housing needs.
In this job role you will:
- Carry out statutory and non statutory reviews under current legislation
- Undertake complex enquiries to inform the decision making process
- Respond to threats of judicial review
- Authorise or refuse continuing use of discretionary temporary accommodation
- Interview applicants keeping detailed records
- Input into a project team to ensure that overall objectives are delivered
We are looking for someone who has:
- An in-depth knowledge of Housing Legislation, in particular Part VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996
- Significant experience of making enquiries and undertaking statutory reviews
- Significant experience and knowledge of court processes
What we offer:
- A full-time position on a 6-month fixed-term contract to start in August / September
- 6.5% employers' pension contribution
- Flexi-time working
- Work from home and the office in Sutton
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
All post holders must have the right to work in the UK, may be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service check and other relevant employment clearances. A copy of our policy on recruitment of Ex-Offenders is available on request.
These may be held in person.
How to apply
You can apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form, which will require you to submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this job role.Download Person Specification